Qualities and Skills
- Motivated, resourceful problem-solver
- Adaptable and quick to learn new technology
- Prioritize and reorganize tasks based on changing demands
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Positive, optimistic attitude
- Create and work well within a cohesive team
- Realistic, adaptable planning
May 2015 - Current
- Create and maintain technical documentation
Systems Administrator – SIATech Inc.
January 2012 – September 2014
Key Projects and Tasks
- Member of 2-person (previously 3-person) team responsible for all infrastructure systems. Mainly responsible for server systems, including Windows, Linux, VMware vSphere, and storage. Also escalation and overflow for helpdesk staff.
- Developed script monitoring main production website to provide alerts qnd automate restarting web services, reducing downtime from potential hours to under five minutes.
- Developed scripts performing software update and deployment for ~2000 client computers across 20 sites.
- Developed reporting scripts for monitoring and alerting on user access to sensitive information.
- Team member primarily responsible for Windows and Linux systems Design, plan, and implement full site server migrations for more than 8 school sites with zero downtime (off-hours work). Project included full hardware migration, domain controller upgrades, DHCP migration, and VMware ESXi installation and configuration and client replacement/imaging.
- Mentor helpdesk staff, providing assistance and guidance
- Create and maintain documentation for use by any member of infrastructure team
- Devise and document disaster recovery plans
Network Administrator – Balfour Beatty Corporate Services, LLC
September 2003 – January 2012
Key Projects and Tasks
- Member of 2-person team responsible for all server and network systems from end-to-end. Includes planning, proposal, procurement, implementation, and maintenance of said systems. Also point of escalation for help desk.
- Developed scripts for user management: domain password aging alert, password reset alert, etc.
- Managed Voice and Data connections for all sites
- Consult with senior-level executives on business needs and solutions
- Responsible for majority of wide-reaching technical communication with end users
Notable Technical Expertise
Linux, AWS, Docker, Windows Server Heroku
MySQL/MariaDB, RDS, MS SQL, SQLite, MongoDB
Nginx, Apache, IIS
EC2, VMWare Vsphere, VMWare Horizon View, Virtualbox
Postfix, Dovecot, Exchange
S3, Dell Compellent, EMC ClARiiON Arrays
Veeam Backup and Recovery, Symantec BackupExec
Cloudwatch, Monit, SolarWinds Orion
OWASP ZAProxy, Microsoft Secuity Essentials, McAffee EPo and Virus Scan
Ruby on Rails Tutorial by Michael Hartl – Completed 2014
Systems Computer Training – Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer 2003 – Completed 2007
Cisco CCNA coursework (no certificate) – Completed 2001